Tuesday, August 19, 2008

C'mon Feel the Silence

OK, so it's a take on the Quiet Riot song:



It's quiet as a tomb here at Pasadena City Hall. Ordinarily the energy is quite high any day of the week, but there are no council meetings until Sept. 8. Some employees are on vacation and others are focusing on long-term projects that need some special attention.

Believe me, I have plenty of those kinds of projects. I ordinarily don't leave the building until about 9 p.m. or later because I get a lot of job-related writing done after 5;30 p.m. when the phones have stopped ringing off the hook.

I'm getting a lot of writing done so far, and hopefully I'll get home at a reasonable hour. We'll see. . .

By the way, I have to give a shout out to Aaron Proctor, who told me some time ago how to post a YouTube video (don't laugh). This is the first time I've done so.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann, you normallly don't leave city hall until 9pm?
And when do you normally arrive at your office each day?? Don't expect me to believe 8am or earlier.
Now I don't feel so bad then when I stay at my office on Colorado past 7om!
You're Quiet Riot heavy metal vid may just motivate me to start including vids on my site.
Keep up the quality posts.

pasadenapio said...

I typically work 12 to 14 hours a day (but I get paid for eight, so I'm saving the taxpayers lots of dough). Regarding the video, I kept trying and trying, by finding a YouTube video and then copying and pasting the web address. Then I threw myself on Aaron's mercy and he told me about that cool little code that's hiding in plain sight. I'm destined to be a techno-moron for life, I'm afraid.

West Coast Grrlie Blather said...

Ouch! No one on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at work. My prescription for you is work less and play more!

Anonymous said...

You still owe me a pack of cigs for that and fixing Pasadena's Wikipedia article :-)

It's all good...I know my tax dollars are hard at work so you can watch your favorite episodes of "Soap" on YouTube.

I'm just messin' with you, "Soap" rocked..way better than "Benson".

frazgo said...

I loved the post and the video. Sigh...the memories.

I do have to thank you for arranging the ride along with PPD.

I enjoyed it tremendously. The full post: http://la.metblogs.com/2008/08/20/frazgos-wild-ride-with-pasadena-pd/

Petrea Burchard said...

Ann, I agree with WCGB: You need some play time! But I'm grateful for your work, all the same.

The techno learning keeps coming, if you're open to it (obviously you are). For those of us over 25 it's not exactly intuitive, but we can learn.