Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Light Through City Hall's "Secret" Windows

For your viewing pleasure, some more historic 1920s construction photos of Pasadena City Hall:

Petrea's "Secret Window" over at Pasadena Daily Photo inspired me to show you these two photos:




Parking Day or Nite (but not for much longer!):

A couple of early, early photos when the land was still being cleared:



OK, just one more for now:

That will just have to hold you for awhile! There are plenty more for future posts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh, no...

I understand, Ann, what you're tryin to say:
any of you photo-bloggers want to get in a photo shoot-out? ...here I am!

"There are plenty more for future posts." - a not so subtle threat!

Anonymous said...

I've created a City Hall folder where I'm keeping these photos. Look at that rebar "thicker then a thumb". Brings tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

palm, so pio is actually gettin these pics from you?!
You're a rich woman, pa!

pasadenapio said...

Nope, the other way around.

Petrea Burchard said...

Treasures. They make me take in a big breath and feel nostalgic and I've only lived here a few short years. Thank you so much for posting these.

I'm glad they didn't have color photos back then. Black and white makes them more nostalgic.

West Coast Grrlie Blather said...

So lovely of you to post these archival shots - thank you.

Petrea Burchard said...

I forgot to thank you for linking to me. Thanks!