Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jeannine Bogaard


What a pleasure to have Jeannine Bogaard along on our China trip!

She traveled from her home near Madrid, Spain, and met us at the Beijing Airport shortly after we arrived in China.

In the photo above, taken during the Shanghai leg of our trip, she's standing with her dad, Pasadena Mayor Bill Bogaard, at the Zhouzhuang Water Village, an official UNESCO World Heritage Site where the majority of residences were built during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Locals live their lives on and along the waterways, and there are many quaint shops and tea houses.


When I went to Memphis last year, I started the tradition of ceiling shots. Here's one from the waterside table where I sat at the Zhouzhuang Water Village:

5 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Lovely bridge shot, Ann. And nice to meet the mayor's daughter.

pasadenapio said...

Thanks, Petrea. Believe it or not, I left my camera behind that day and took these photos with my phone!

Latino Heritage said...

Bridge shot is lovely. Can almost hear water gently lapping.

Patrizzi Intergarlictica said...

Jeannine lives in Madrid? Lucky girl!

pasadenapio said...

Roberta, I got lucky: about five minutes later the bridge was teeming with tourists. Timing is everything.

Dianne, she is lucky: she's a publishing manager for Cambridge Press in Madrid.