Monday, November 21, 2011

Lizards and Tigers and Snakes, Oh My!


My grandson Steven, who's 16, has an after-school and Saturday job at South Bay Tropical Marine and Reptile in Chula Vista, which caters to snake, lizard and tropical fish aficionados.

Occasionally Steven gets to go along with the boss and other staff to related conventions where South Bay Tropical is a big player. This past weekend they were at the Phoenix Reptile Expo.

Earlier this month, they were in Pasadena for the Herp World Expo at the Pasadena Convention Center. So I got to go! It was in the exhibition hall.

Here's just a small portion of the exhibition hall:


The South Bay Tropical booth was very popular:


Here's Steven with a coworker:


Lizards and snakes for sale:




The expo also featured a photo area where people could get their pictures taken with a really big boy:


There was even a young tiger (he wasn't for sale):


I posted about the 2010 Herp World Expo here, including a photo of Steven and me cuddling with a 40 lb. python!

1 comment:

Petrea Burchard said...

I feel kind of sorry for the snakes on sale. I hope they go to good homes.

I wonder what the extent of their awareness is.

The tiger looks like he enjoys the attention.